Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Couch Potato Olympics

Our family loves to watch the Olympics.  I'm not sure what I love more, actually watching the Olympic Games or having all 4 of us agree on the same show to watch and being together for hours cheering on team USA.  We are inventing our own Olympic games - "Couch Potato Olympics", and last night the girls invented "Syncronized Lounging".  They were awarded a God Medal. 
One of my favorite things to experience during the Games are the interviews with the Olympians after hey have won a medal.  I love it when they are looking for their parents in the crowd and when they say how Blessed they are and when they thank God.  Sometimes I feel guilty for sitting in front of the TV for hours upon hours watching the events.  But with all the nonsense on tv, I love the athletes that show that hard work and persiverance pay off, but that the glory goes to God. 
Heavenly Father, I thank you for all the gifts and abilities you have given us.  With all that we have, Father, I want to give you the glory.  I want to raise thankful children who know that you deserve the glory.  Help me raise them to love you, Lord.  Show me where I fail, and put me back on the right path.  I want your fruits to multiply in them.  I know that you have hidden yourself in their heart and that you will use them for Your good!  Mold us and shape us to be the children you are proud of.  We love you and want to be more like you.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment